Your organization may have an online presence, but is it yielding the results you want? In simple terms, an online presence refers to the activity and content available specific to your business in the digital world.
It is continually evolving. Your organization’s online presence is controlled by you (think: website, email marketing), acquired by others (think: reviews, social media chatter, champions), and targeted by your teams’ engagement with business audiences (think: LinkedIn).
According to Internet World Stats, there were 5,168,780,607 internet users last year, with 347,916,694 in North America alone. Which begs the question: Is your online presence delivering on your business objectives?
Consider these action items:
- Establish clear, purposeful, actionable website content
- Understand and look for ways to improve user experience
- Optimize web SEO
- Schedule new and easily shareable blog content
- Utilize email marketing to drive traffic
- Define purposeful social media channels
- Be consistently active on social media, including posting, sharing, and interactions
- Launch pay per click (PPC) ads or promoted social posts
- Explore backlinking from other sites and/or directories
- Push review and referral campaigns to those you serve
- Create unique QR codes tracking to site pages
- Build multi-touch campaigns for existing or prospective clients
The information people find online often drives their decisions – whether someone wants to do business with you, work for you, or refer you to others.
Building a plan and following an executable calendar is a great way to roll into action and evaluate outcomes with each step. Over time, you will gain significant insight into the impact you make in your online space. Remember: cohesiveness across touchpoints is gold. So, keep your goals top of mind and brand story front and center.
Aedieno is a boutique creative agency. For more ideas on bringing these action items to life for your organization, please contact us.